6 August 2016

How Face Masks Have Saved My Skin


My skin has been a bit of a moment lately, breakouts left and right, uneven texture and frankly just looking a little dull, and lacklustre. Going along side this, something I haven't really spoken about but it's on the cards, is that i've been dating someone new lately and with that haven't quite been looking after my skin as I usually do. I've been spending a lot of time with him so haven't been keeping up with my usual skincare routine.

Things were getting a bit much, so I decided to take some time out for myself, thoroughly triple cleanse, tone and apply a face mask. I initially used my absolute favourite, which is the Aesop Parsley Seed Facial Cleansing Mask which just seems to help clear up anything that my face is struggling with, as well as smooth out any uneven texture. The clay pulls out the impurities and the Aloe Vera stops your skin feeling tight and dehydrated. It also contains rosehip and parsley seed to perk up your skin with plenty of antioxidants. It's amazing for oily/combo girls like myself, because as well as all of that it helps balance any crazy skin factors.

Later the same week I went for the Origins Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask to Rescue Problem Skin, which is really minty and tingles slightly which always lets me know that it's doing it's thing. This one, again, is targeted for us oily skin ladies as it helps to get rid of excess oil and sebum. It aims to "sop up oily-shine, slough off sticky, dead cells, and sweep away irksome debris" as well as calm using Camphor and Salicylic Acid to shed away any problems.

Lastly, I used the Pixi Glow Mud Mask. You leave this one on for 15 minutes in order to purify your skin and let it draw out embedded impurities, to create clarity. This one contains "soothing aloe vera, rejuvenating rosemary, brightening ginseng and healing jojoba – to instantly ‘perk up’ lacklustre complexions and help to prevent dreaded breakouts." It's great for, not only, when your skin is having a mild freak out but it's also great for bring back some glow and life back into your skin. It's designed to soothe, decongest, plump and glow.

These three little beauties have really helped me reign my skin back in when, maybe, i'm not taking care of it quite as well as I should be but i'm busy living life and anything that's a quick fix is perfect for me right now.


K|xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig