5 March 2016

Five Products I Always Keep in my Skincare Arsenal


Sort of linking in with a lot of the skincare posts i did at the beginning of last month, i thought i'd share with you some products with you, five which is actually six because i cheated, that i don't necessarily use everyday but that i cannot live without them in my skincare collection.

Lets start with the Clarins One-Step Gentle Exfoliator which is a product i was recommended when i had my lovely Clarins consultation at the end of last year, that i blogged about here. When she suggested it i really didn't think that it seemed like anything special, it's just an exfoliator right? Wrong. I have used plenty of manual exfoliators and none have made my skin shine like this one does. It seriously exfoliates without being harsh, it removes all the dead skin cells and grime from my face all while keeping it hydrated thanks to it's creamy base. I don't know what it is but this just really gives my skin a boost, and although i have used it morning and night there is nothing better than using this first thing in the morning and getting that glow.

Talking of a glow, my favourite product to use in conjunction with the Clarins exfoliator and what i like to think of as the other half of my dream team is the Pixi Glow Mud Cleanser. When i use this after using the Clarins product, my skin is seriously dreamy. I get this sort of 'lit-from-within' look to my skin, it looks clear and it seriously brightens my face. Again, this is super deep-cleaning but without being at all harsh. I really love massaging this onto my skin and then leaving it for a few minutes to really work in before removing it with a warm, damp flannel.

I've mentioned using the First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads before and although i use my Pixi Glow Tonic far more often, i just love having these on hand to switch things up. I often like using the Glow Tonic in the morning and the FAB ones in the evening to keep my skin on it's toes. They're really gentle, but tingle slightly to let you know that they're working and it's the perfect toner to use after cleansing and before you apply any serums, etc. They to brighten your skin, exfoliate and tone, and are great for daily use.

I stopped myself from buying this moisturiser for a long time as i thought that it'd be way too heavy for me, especially after hating it's sister spray product, and that it would do nothing for my oily/combination skin but actually i fell in love with it. The Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief is a gel consistency moisturiser and although it's claims are to be ultra hydrating it, it does just that without clogging pores or weighing my skin down. It's super lightweight all while giving immediate moisture and when i apply this before i go to bed, i wake up with super hydrated and really plump skin. It absorbs really quickly and definitely soothes and calms my skin while i'm sleeping.

Lastly is my cheat product as i simply couldn't pick between these two face masks and, really, they are for totally different things. I can't get enough of the Origins face mask range but two of my favourites are the Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask and the Origins Out of Trouble Mask. The drink up intensive i apply before i go to sleep and just leave it on overnight, so i wake up to really plump, beautifully hydrated skin whereas the Out of Trouble is perfect when i'm having one too many pesky blemishes and soothes all while getting rid of my problem areas. They both do exactly what they say on the tin, and are so worth the hefty price tag. I got these as part of a Christmas trial set and if you can get your hands on one i'd highly recommend it as it's a great way to try the products without buying them full price, and they're great trial sized.


K|xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig