3 February 2016

Morning Skincare Routine: February 2016


The other day i realised that i haven't shared an updated skincare routine in a very long time. I've featured skincare products over the years but haven't actually shared with you what i'm using and when. In this post i'll be speaking about what i use in my Morning routine and then on Saturday i'll be posting about my Evening routine.

When i first wake up, i use the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish to clean off all of the skincare i used the previous evening and give my skin a thorough cleanse before i apply my make up. I just love the way this makes my skin feel and preps it for the next steps. It's super creamy and i massage this all over my face, and neck, while my skin is still dry, even my eyes, and then i remove it with a warm, damp Liz Earle Muslin Cloth. This gets rid of all the product, and the dirt, all while gently exfoliating the skin. It doesn't irritate my skin at all and doesn't sting my eyes, which is really important for a morning cleanser, for me.

Once my face is clean, i use the Pixi Glow Tonic as my exfoliating toner and i learnt about this from the skincare queen Caroline Hirons. This helps to tone, firm, tighten and helps my skin to look it's best before i apply my make up, giving it the best base. It contains 5% glycolic to help remove any dead skin cells, help your skin glow and look healthier.

The way i further prep my skin for foundation is to first apply the Clarins Pore Minimising Serum which helps to 'refine and smooth skin texture'. This is a lightweight serum that is supposed to aid in tightening, purifying and minimising enlarged pores as well as helping to control excess oils. It has a smooth, matte finish and all i do is add to pumps to the palms of my hands and press it into the skin all over my face and neck, but especially focusing on my nose and cheeks. After this i use the Clarins HydraQuench Lotion for Normal to Combination skin. This contains SPF15 which is a great start to my base, and i just feel like this preps my skin beautifully for foundation. Although i have oily/combination skin, without good moisturisation my foundation does not sit right on the skin. It's light, non-greasy and absorbs almost instantly into the skin. It's supposed to also protect against environmental factors and excess stress to the skin.

Lastly, in the mornings, i actually add some Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel, for oily to combination skin, in with my foundation. I bought this because everyone raved about it but i found that by itself it wasn't really doing anything for my skin and for a very long time i sat unused on my shelf. Until one day, my skin was dry and nothing i was using under my foundation seemed to be working and i saw a Youtuber use moisturiser in with their foundation and boom. My life was changed, and now i use a pump or so of this in with my foundation and it creates the perfect base. I don't compromise on coverage but this helps my foundation sit better and adds that extra boost of moisture that my skin needs during the day. It's oil-free which is perfect and is really lightweight hydration which, in this case, is absolutely perfect.

I'll be back to share my evening skincare routine with you at the weekend, Happy Wednesday!


K|xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig