14 November 2015

How I Store My Make Up

So, i thought today i'd finally share with you all my current make up storage. It's not particularly anything special, but i really enjoy reading these posts and watching these videos and thought it'd be nice to show you how i choose to house my make up collection.


These shelves actually used to be full of books, but as i've grown up they've become the home of a multitude of things. I don't really have anywhere else in my room that i could store my make up, except for in a drawer and i just think that if i keep it hidden away i won't remember to use everything. So, i decided that this would be the best home for my make up. I went down the same root as many bloggers have done, and chose to use acrylic drawer units to keep everything in. They just come in plenty of different shapes and sizes and you can see most everything in them, which is great for me as i'm very visual. My drawers are from both Homebase and from Amazon, and weren't the cheapest way to keep things, i'm sure, but i'm really happy with how everything turned out so i thought i'd share shelf by shelf and we'll go from there.


On the top shelf i keep my everyday skincare, which is: the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish and the Ren Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Gel. I use Liz Earle in the morning and Ren in the evening, with my Clarisonic which is also kept on this shelf. It's just easy, so i can grab them on the way to the bathroom before, and after, work. On top of my drawers i keep my simple cleansing wipes; i like to use these when i'm being lazy and i keep them in my work bag to take my make up off on the bus, sometimes.

In these drawers i keep back ups of my everyday, basic make up, such as: Bobbi Brown Corrector, Nuxe Rev de Miel Lipbalm, Soap & Glory Thick and Fast Mascara, Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara and Clarins Concealer Stick. I usually like to keep one back up of each item, and then i don't have to worry about buying things straight away when i use my current one up. Then the rest of the drawers are nearly completely full of eye products. I keep all my eyeliners and shadow sticks in a few drawers, together. Some of my favourites are: the By Terry Ombre Blackstars, Laura Mercier Metallic Creme Eye Colours, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils and Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tints for Eyes.

I keep all of my Urban Decay Single Eyeshadows together, i have a few neutral colours including Sin & Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, some pops of colour such as Mildew & ACDC, and then some Moondust Shadows like Space Cowboy. The rest of the drawers are powder eyeshadows too, and i try to keep brands together and then i like to split them between high end and low end. In my drugstore drawer are some of the L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Mono Eyeshadows, some L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows and my favourite Seventeen Mono Eyeshadows. I have plenty of MAC Eyeshadows and a couple of pigments, and then in my high end drawer i keep my Burberry Eyeshadows, NARS and Bobbi Brown.


On the next shelf down, i have one large A4 sized acrylic drawer, opposed to the four smaller ones kept above, and in here i house larger products. On top i do have one small three drawer unit, in which i keep my anti bacterial hand gels that i bought from Bath & Bodyworks this past Summer. Next to that i keep any foundations i'm testing out and have on the go, plus any primers or concealers that perhaps i'm not using currently but want to keep and in front is a Chanel bag full of all sorts of samples. Beside all of this is my perfume collection, which i'm currently trying to work through and whittle down to only my favourites.

In the drawers of the larger unit i keep all of my eyeshadow palettes. The top houses my smaller palettes, such as duos and quads or perhaps just larger shadows. In here are all of my hand-chosen MAC Quads, I have all of my Chanel Quads, as well as the Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita Palette, a duo by NARS and by bareMinerals, a Stila Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eyeshadow and the Soap & Glory Peach Party Blush Brick which i prefer to use on my eyes.

Below are my three naked Palettes; Naked One, Two & Three. These are something i am constantly reaching for, and i love keeping them in their own separate drawer. I'm not sure that i'm wanting the new Smoky Palette, but there's space for it if i do!

In the last drawer is just more larger palettes, in which i keep things such as my Makeup Geek Palette, the Nude Tude Palette from theBalm, a Marc Jacobs Style Eye Con Palette and the Lorac PRO Metal Palette.


The last make up shelf is where i keep all of my lipsticks, which are kept in acrylic lipstick holders. Here i try to keep all brands together, so as you can see i have my MAC lipstics at the front, there's some Chanel in there, as well as some L'Oreal, YSL and all of my Revlon Lip Butters. Plus, my Burberry Lipstick has it's own little stand as that's my most favourite and special lipstick.

In the A4 acrylic drawers here i keep all of my powders in the top, which consists of highlighters, such as theBalm Mary Lou-Manizer, Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors in Champagne Pop & Moonstone, MAC Soft & Gentle and Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous Light. As well as some face powders like one by Physician's Formula, Rimmel Stay Matte and Make Up Forever HD Pressed Powder. Then just a few larger blushes, like the MUA one you can see there. This drawer actually wasn't full when i took this picture and it rarely as some get switched into my make up bag, some get lost in my work bag and some are just lying around somewhere.

And then the rest of the drawers are empty for any new arrivals, of course.

K|xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig