29 August 2015

What's on my Face: Sun Cream Edition


Until about a year ago i didn't wear sun cream unless i was on holiday, which i know is awful because even the sun in the UK can cause premature ageing and sun damage. So, since reading up on sun damage i've been trying to up my sun cream game here and on holiday. Today, i thought i'd share with you my sun cream options; some that i've tried, and one that i'm waiting to try.

Because i tend to get oily skin during the day, i only use oil-free cream on my face, moisturisers too for that matter. I don't want to clog up my pores more than they already get to be thanks to my natural oils. The sun cream i've been using most here in the UK is the Piz Buin Ultra Light Dry Touch. It's really runny when you squeeze it out of the tube, but when you rub it into the skin it kinda turns into a liquid to powder formula. It doesn't feel at all greasy or sticky, and feels really comfortable to wear alone or under make up.

Next is what i loved wearing on my face on my last trip to Florida, which is the Hawaiian Tropic Sensitive Face. Again, it's oil free and although isn't dry touch like the last one it's not at all greasy or sticky. It absorbs quickly and stays put all day, especially in the hot Florida sun. I always worry when applying sun cream to my sensitive, acne prone skin but it didn't at all break me out, clog my pores or irritate me at all. In fact, none of these have!

The Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration is the one i'm yet to try, and will be taking it with me on my Florida trip to test out. Even though i do tend to get oily skin, as i've grown up and lately i've been tested with dehydrated skin. So, because i loved the Sensitive Face from Hawaiian Tropic i thought this would be great if i get dry, dehydrated skin from the sun. Again, it's oil-free and i'm hoping, although it's hydrating, it won't clog pores or break me out but only time will tell.

My favourite all-time body sun cream is the Nivea Sun Moisturising Sun Spray. It's oil free, non-greasy, non-sticky and great for all over body sun creaming. I love the spray feature because it makes it so much quicker and easier to get out the door.

Last is a sample of the Ultrasun Very Sensitive Facial Sun Cream that i got in an M&S beauty box. I'd always wanted to try it but never wanted to splash on something i wasn't sure if i'd like, so was really glad to get a sample and now i'm glad i didn't splash out. I really did not like this one, even though it says it's free from oils and for very sensitive skin it made my face feel so sticky and greasy. It made my skin feel really clogged and heavy, i couldn't bring myself to put my make up on top as it felt like it would make it slide all over my face. It took it off after about five minutes because it just didn't seem to sink into my skin but rather sit on top, so it wasn't risking anything for my acne prone skin.

So, there you have a some-what sun cream collection. If you have any suggestions for new sun cream to try, do let me know! The Clinique City Block is next on my list to try.

K|xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig