22 August 2015

All About Aloe


Aloe Vera has forever been one of those multi-tasking products that your mum use for 100 and 1 different practical and beauty reasons. Forever i have, personally, used it for sun burn and for applying after i've shaved my legs as it's intensely moisturising and cooling for my sensitive, dry skin.

Apparently, Pure Aloe Vera Gel can be used to swipe away make up, even tough mascara. I would wonder how it would effect your eyes, whether it would make them sore but i'd never heard of that one. Not only can it be used after shaving to moisturise skin, but it can be used as a shaving gel to moisturise while shaving too. Plus it's antibacterial to care for little cuts and helps to get a nice, close shave.

I've also heard of people freezing aloe gel in ice cube trays and then they're there for a go-to cooling treatment for everything from sun burn to bug bites. There's so many other DIYs you can make with Aloe gel such as face washes and face scrubs, you can find lots of recipes online.

It can also be used for a variety of other things such as a brow gel, antibacterial gel and for all sorts of dry skin, and rashes.

These are the two Aloe products that are my favourite, and i thought i'd share with you how i use them personally. The newest to my routine is the Forever Living Aloe Propolis Creme, well i say new but actually it's a return to my routine as i actually reviewed this in 2012 when my eczema was off the charts. I currently use this for all sorts of reasons; mainly on my face as it's super moisturising, plus it's antibacterial so it's great for my acne and blemishes. I use it on my underarms when they become sore from shaving - i have very sensitive skin and during the Summer i, obviously, shave more and my underarms can get a little dry and sore from that so this comes in very handy. I use it along side Lush's Dream Cream on my eczema and rashes, plus it's just great to have on hand for sore or dry skin.

The Banana Boat Aloe Gel i mainly use while i'm away, but i do use it while at home too depending on what products i have to use up or what i'm testing. This is amazing for using after shaving to cool and soothe my skin, it works great on my legs and helps to keep them moisturised, smooth and shiny. It's also amazing for sunburn or just being out in the sun as it's so cooling, and treats the skin deep down.

Both products are great to have on hand, especially during the Summer months. However, if you're going to be consuming aloe gel or using it for intimate reasons such as on your face, eyes especially, or cracked skin be sure to check that it can be consumed or safe for use on sensitive skin, and go straight for pure aloe gel.

K|xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig