18 April 2015

Current Skincare Routine: April 2015

Hi there, hello! How was your week? Good i do hope, well this week i'm bringing you my every day skincare routine as things have really changed around here since July, when i last posted. As i explained in my last current favourites post, i was previously using the Clinique Anti-Blemish solution exclusively but Autumn hit and it all became too much. My skin became dehydrated, still blemish-prone but now with dry patches, completely the opposite to what i was dealing with before. So i got to testing new products to find what was best for my new skin, and honestly i have not a clue what's going to happen to my skin next season - back to oily? We'll see.


In the morning, i keep the products and the routine very simple. I get up early enough for work that i don't want to get up any earlier and complicate things, so i keep it effortless and simply use the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish with a muslin cloth. It completely cleans my morning skin, as i don't need to do too much as i intensely clean at night. Plus it pumps some moisture into my skin before i add my makeup. It's super creamy and does exactly what it says on the tin. It's just what i need in the morning.

Clarisonic Mia 2 Skin Cleansing System: £125 | Clarisonic Sensitive Brush Head: £21.00 | Neal's Yard Rose Facial Wash: £15.50 | Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate: £36.00 | Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avacado: £33.00 | Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant Fragrance Free: £26.00 | Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions All Over Clearing Treatment: £19.00 | Lanolips Lemonaid Lip Aid with Lemon Oil: £9.18 | Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel: £30.00 | Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel: £20.00 | Benefit Triple Facial Emulsion: £21.50 | Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Clarifying Lotion: £18.00 | Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm: £22.00 | Lush Santa's Lip Scrub: £5.50 (Similar Here) | Origins Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask: £23 (Full Size) 

However, in the evening it's a completely different story. When i get home from work i have a little more time to look after my skin, so this is when i really put the effort in. The greatest change and biggest edition to my routine is my Clarisonic. It has honestly changed my view on my skin, and improved my overall skin health. It really, seriously cleans my skin deeply, helps me control any oil but also doesn't dry my skin out. Currently i'm using the Neal's Yard Rose Facial wash in conjunction with it, which i'm honestly not in love with. I really dislike the smell, the pump is absolutely rubbish and although having a glass bottle is quite luxurious, it's not very practical. It does make my skin slightly tight after using, but not uncomfortably. Something that's not pictured but i really enjoyed using before this, is the Ren Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Gel. It was so gentle on my skin, really cleaned it deeply but didn't make it feel tight at all. I think eventually i'll repurchase it, as it's been my favourite so far.

EDIT: Since writing this post, i've actually gone back to using the Ren Evercalm Cleansing Gel as i just love how it makes my skin feel. It makes me feel squeaky clean without all the horrible feeling that comes with it, like tightness and dryness.

I do still use my Clinique Anti-Blemish skincare in conjunction with my other skincare, as i do still get blemishes and an oily T zone, so i use it in specific areas as and when i need it. The clarifying lotion really helps to control my oil, especially round my nose and the Clearing Gel and All Over Treatment are amazing at calming down breakouts. They're my go-tos for soothing and targeting just specific areas. Another product i use to soothe breakouts is the Origins 10 Minute mask. I don't know how but in just 10 minutes it completely calms my skin. It doesn't instantly get rid of spots and it's not as quick as the Clinique clearing gel but it seriously keeps things at bay in the long term.

If you'd told me six months ago that i'd be using an oil in my skincare routine i would never have believed you. After watching youtuber after youtuber talk about the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Oil, i decided to take the plunge as i'd heard that oil was good for even oily skin. I was using it daily for weeks but then it became a bit too much so now i use it as and when i need it. It really plumps my skin and deeply hydrates my skin, helping my moisturiser to penetrate deeper too. I also only need a few drops on my cheeks and chin and a few on my forehead. My forehead drinks it up and i never would have said it was dry, but it can't get enough. I need to be a little more careful on my chin as it can become way too oily and break me out. My other moisturising products are the Benefit Triple Facial Emulsion and more recently the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel. The Clinique moisturiser sinks straight into my skin and is made for oily, blemish prone skin so isn't heavy and sinks deep into the skin without sitting on the surface and blocking my pores. I use this all over my face, whereas the Benefit moisturiser i use as and where i need it. Sometimes all over if my skin is really dry but this i have found to be my perfect moisturiser. It doesn't break me out and i even sometimes pop a bit on a really dry, flaky patch and let it sit and soak in. It still doesn't break me out, but instantly hydrates and my skin drinks it up.

As for lips, my usual routine is pretty simple: Lush lip scrub and Lanolips Lemonaid. If you want to hear about Lemonaid then head on over to last week's post, where i chat all about it in my current favourites. As for the lip scrub, it's not my favourite but i don't know where to turn for lip scrubs! If you have any suggestions, then please leave them below.

Again, head on over to last week's post to read about how much i love the Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm, because i do really love it and last but not least, you can also read about my Kiehl's Avacado eye cream because i don't want to keep throwing the same products in your face!

Thanks for another week lovelies, i've loved sharing my new found product loves with you as i feel like i'm a completely different person than i was eight months ago and it's been amazing to grow year upon year alongside this blog. So, thank you!


K|xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig