11 June 2014

Call The Midwife Virgin


I gave myself a bit of a laugh titling this it's a bit ironic, huh?

Anyway, it took me a long time - two series and a Christmas special in fact - to get myself onto the Call the Midwife bandwagon, and now i'm actually very glad i did.

I've always been into the easy to watch, chick flick or comedy TV series as you can probably tell from my FRIENDS addiction and my bad Gavin & Stacey accent. It wasn't until i started watching Pretty Little Liars and Revenge that i decided to branch out my television viewing. My mum watched this from the beginning with, what seemed like the rest of the nation, and told me how much she loved it but i really wasn't sure. By the time the third series was on TV i was considering giving it a go, as there wasn't anything better on, but i didn't want to start this far through not knowing what was going on. So, she kindly sent me the first two series on boxset to watch so i could catch up. The third series was finished by the time i finished the first two, so for my birthday i got the third series on DVD.

It's not like anything else i watch, but it's set in 1950's East London. It follows the lives and careers of the midwives and nuns of Nonnatus House, a nursing convent, taking care of the residents of the deprived Poplar District. I'm not really into Casualty or Holby City, so i wasn't sure if it would be for me but besides all the giving birth, watching the lives of the nurses and nuns blossom is quite lovely. You can't help but fall in love with the ladies, feel angry or unsure and really get stuck in right along side them. Yes, there's a little blood and goop but for me it's all about seeing what life was like for them, how they handled things and where relationships went.

If, like me, you've not been sure about it or you've been holding out then i highly recommend giving it a go. It's a beautiful series, and it might just surprise you.


K|xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig