1 January 2014

Farewell 2013


I often feel that New Years Eve is overrated; the pressure to celebrate suitably, deciding on the perfect resolutions and making sure to start the new year a fresh. This year i decided that enough was enough and i stayed in, with my family, snuggled up with a blanket and a glass of fizz.

Reflecting on this past year, i think it's fair to say that it really has not been my year. There have been plenty of highs and lows, but unfortunately 2013 had more lows. I was ultimately very worried about welcoming 2014 with open arms, but over the past week i've come to realise that i can start again and forget much of the past.

However, i won't dwell on the negatives, this year has indeed has it's moments too. Some of my favourites include:



Many a trip to one of my favourite places, Experiencing Snow in Southampton, Turning 21 and heading down Diagon Alley, Appreciating the Little Things, Seeing London Fashion Week up close, Spending time at the Happiest Place on Earth, Interning at one of the loveliest Magazines, Spending time with my Kitten and with my Best Friend.

The year started off well but the last couple of months were sadly not my best, so i decided against specific resolutions this year. I start off the year well, but by April they're long forgotten and its gone out the window, so i just have a few little goals that i hope to gain for myself. I have high hopes for 2014, and i hope it will turn out to be everything that i want and need. There are plenty of changes in the works during 2014, which i can't wait to welcome.

I'm a little sad that this years New Year post isn't quite as positive and happy as previous years, but in reality not everything always goes your way. I'm excited for the year ahead, and to see what it brings and i hoping, and praying, that 2014 will be my year. It scares me to think where i might be this time next year, but i guess that's the excitement and the surprise.

And honestly? Do MORE of what makes you HAPPY.

Happy New Year everyone, i hope you brought in the New Year with people that you love and i hope that 2014 brings you all your hopes and dreams.


K|xo

1 comment:

  1. Happy new year sweet lady! I hope that this year is nothing but wonderful for you <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Made By pipdig