16 December 2013

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas: Winter Nail Polish


Another follow on post for you today! During the Summer i shared my favourite Summer polishes, so today i'm coming back with my Winter favourites. I'm actually going through a bit of a naked nail phase as the cold weather hates my nails, and they keep braking so i'm loving my OPI Nail Envy at the moment but closer to Christmas i do like to dress up my nails too. The ones i've chosen to share are all Models Own so if you like what you see, you can get them online or in Boots.


I don't think you can do a Winter polish post without having a red in there, and i don't really like the blood red colours on my nails so much. This is a darker shade, and it's so glossy and perfect for Christmas. It was one of my first colours from Models Own, and i believe i bought it at the Clothes Show but it's such a staple that i've always got one on hand.


I never thought i'd be one for black nail polish, but give me one packed with glitter any day and i'm sold. These images really don't do this polish justice and i couldn't quite capture it but it's a gorgeous black base full of multi coloured, finely milled glitter which is perfect for the Christmas season. I have to admit it doesn't look quite as lovely when my nails are a little on the short side but it's beautiful none the less. I have worn this both on its own, however it does take three or four coats to become opaque, but it works better with a black or dark, navy blue underneath.


This is the navy blue i use underneath the previous shade, Thunder & Lightning.  It's hard to see but it's actually a very, dark navy shade. It's a beautiful blue in the right lighting and works great with glitter top coats too.


Emerald Black just reminds me from a Christmas tree. It's a beautiful duo chrome black/green shade packed with micro fine shimmer. This looks beautiful as an all over colour or just as an accent nail.


Purple Blue & Pinky Brown are both part of the Beetle Juice and are duo chrome shades; Purple Blue is pretty self explanatory as is Pinky Brown, however it's more of a bronze than a brown. They look so beautiful on and apply like a dream.


Copper Pot is one of my favourite all time shades, and is again a beautiful duo chrome that shines a mix of yellow bronze, orange bronze and a whole host of coppers. It really is just a lovely shades that goes with so much, and is some special for this time of year.


This is the sister shade to my beloved Champagne that i tend to wear all year around, even at Christmas, but i honestly love the consistency and the finish of these polishes so i'd wear it any shade! This happens to be a beautiful silver, purple shade which comes of as a lilac purple, just gorgeous.


K|xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig