14 June 2013

Beauty Haul #2 | Nail Polish


I had some Boots Vouchers left over from my birthday so i thought i'd treat myself to some bits and bobs i had been wanting. Turns out four of those things were nail polishes, so i thought i'd do a mini haul to show you what i chose.


Butter London Knackered | I have never tried any Butter London polishes, but i've seen and heard about them all over Youtube. This shade, Knackered, is quite a cult colour in the Youtube world so it has always been one on my lust list. The price has always put me off of these polishes because at £12, lets be honest, that's a little pricey. But you know, when you have vouchers that's the time to buy all the times you'd never normally spend your pennies on. This was the first one i tested out when i got home and the colour is just gorgeous it's such a hard shade to photograph. I'd say it's a duo-chrome colour with a pearly finish. It looks somewhere between a grey, blue, green, purple colour and it's just beautiful. When it's on the nails it reminds me of mermaids, you know, a classic mermaid's tail colour. The one downside to this shade, and as it's my only Butter London polish i can't speak for any of the others, it was fairly sheer when applied so to get a good opaque finish i had to build up three layers, which i hate to do because it just triples the drying time and that's what happened here. Drying speed for nail polish is my pet peeve, which is why i never buy drugstore polish anymore - except Model's Own. The first layer dried almost instantly, the second took a little longer but is to be expected and the third seemed to take hours. Most of the nail dried but the tips where i found i needed more polish to hide the white of my own nails just seemed to take forever, which really irritated me. I think next time i give this a go i'll probably make sure i'm in less of a rush. Take my time and let each layer properly dry and i might have a more successful application, but this colour is so unique that i'm willing to give it a second chance.


Essie Buy Me a Cameo | Essie is probably up there in my favourite brands of nail polish. The drying time is speedy and most polishes only need two coats, maximum. In my collection i have many of the classics: Tart Deco, Fear & Desire, Lilacism, Splash of Grenadine - which happens to be one of my all time favourite shades - but i don't have any shimmery colours, although Essie doesn't have too many to it's name. So, i thought i'd give this one a go. It's so beautiful, it's like a buttery, shimmery beige colour and actually it's very hard to describe. They apply like a dream and the brushes on the UK releases are big and only one or two swipes to get the whole nail. At £8 they're a more pricey than your average drugstore, but i definitely don't consider these to be drugstore polishes. They're more like premium, if you ask me.


Model's Own Hayley's Comet | I swear by Model's Own polishes; their drying time i second to none, and if you're in a hurry they're a great choice. They come in hundreds of different colours, and are adding new collections all the time to coincide with the seasons. Hayley's Comet is from the Beetle juice collection which is probably my favourite and i actually own all the shades from this range. They're all duo-chrome colours, and this one is no exception; it's somewhere between a red, orange, blue, teal shade which is really unusual and kinda reminds me of like a galaxy or something so the name is really fitting. These are only £5 a polish but always have offers on instore, in their own store, the Bottleshop, in Westfield London and online too.


Model's Own Champagne | This is probably my favourite and go-to nail varnish of all time. Whenever i wear it, i never fail to get compliments. It's exactly what it says on the tin, a gorgeous champagne colour. It dries so, so fast and if i have any nail polish on my toes it's usually guaranteed to be this. I've raved and raved and raved about this before so won't bore you again but if you're going to buy any new polish this season, i urge you to try out this one!

K|xo

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I must have the Model's Own Champagne polish! How much was it, if you don't mind me asking?

    Lots o' BlogLovin' ... ;D

    Chlo | www.chloodonnell.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Model's Own Polishes are £5 each (:

      K ox

      Delete
  2. Ooh Champagne looks like a gorgeous shade! x
    Gemma ♥ | Ɱiss Ɱakeup Ɱagpie

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Made By pipdig