15 May 2013

#OOTD LRD Day to Night - Daytime Look


Dress: H&M | Cardigan: H&M | Necklace: Dorothy Perkins | Tights: Primark | Shoes: Converse

This is i look one of two, i'm going to be showing you how i would take a simple red dress and dress it for daytime and then for night.

As i'm growing up and i'm learning my own style, as it evolves with me, i'm certainly picking more versatile pieces to put in my wardrobe. I love clothes that can be dressed up or down and worn for smart or casual. I still love statement colours, patterns and details but i'm loving learning how to work pieces to their full potential. This dress is one of those dresses.

I love red, i think it's such a versatile colour. It's also one of those colours that i think just suits me; i've come to learn that i'm not a pastels kinda gal, i need bright and vibrant colours that don't wash me out. This is probably because of my very pale skin tone, but i'm more than happy to rock the brights and the neons. This dress is in such a staple shape for me, i love your classic skater dresses but usually they need to be a tall for me otherwise i feel like i'll be flashing my knickers after one gust of wind. Luckily this H&M number isn't on the short side, so i can get away with it. This style is so flattering, keeping things tight on the top and skimming over all the bits i'm a little bit conscious of. 

I love pairing solid colour with a pattern, whether it be on my jacket or my shoes but i adore red and leopard print, i think it looks so fun. I've had this H&M cardigan for a long time and i just love how easily it jazzes up an outfit. For the everyday i like to let the dress and the pattern speak for itself, so i simply paired it with my white converse and a chunky gold pendant.


K|xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig