3 January 2013

Not your Normal New Year #3

Disco Pants: Glamorous | Jumper: H&M | Necklace: Rock N Rose | Snood: New Look | Boots: River Island | Lipstick: Revlon Lipbutter in Macaroon

So, this is actually the style of outfit i ended up going for on my New Years Eve. I have a new found love for these Disco Pants; i think they're a great piece that can be dressed up or down, and for the reason they were the perfect item to wear over New Year.

They're already a pretty 'out there' piece so that keeps the outfit a little bit dressy, but by adding a thick jumper it dresses everything down a little bit and keeps things far more wearable. I didn't actually end up wearing this jumper but something that paired a little nicer, especially for the occasion. I wore a fab jumper that i received for Christmas, from New Look. The background was a gorgeous cream, edging on champagne colour (minus the sparkle) and was printed, back and front, with a gorgeous aztec style pattern in black and pink. It felt a lot more festive than this one and was super warm, and cosy. It was perfect for layering with and i made sure to pile up the tops, short and long sleeved, underneath.

The Disco Pants are also super stretchy which made it easy for me to layer some tights underneath for added warmth, and actually they helped keep the shape smooth because they're so skintight. I added my new River Island studded flat chelsea boots to keep things a little dressy, but with some edge, and a big, thick scarf with my coat and a knitted headband for maximum ear warmth. I absolutely love the way the Lipbutter ties it all together and keeps things a little more formal, it's such a gorgeous shade especially for such a fab occasion.

I had a lovely evening, despite it being pretty chilly, and it made for a memorable New Year.

What did you wear over New Year, and what did you get up to?


K|xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig