23 September 2012

American Beauty #10: MAC, NARS & Maybelline

My name is Kathryn and i'm an eyeshadow addict. I seriously cannot help myself! There are so many brands and types out there that i cannot wait to get my hands on, so while i was away i decided to treat myself to some of my most wanted.

 MAC Mineralize Eyeshadow in Mix & Switch

Although i've never really been one for the MAC Mineralize lines, i decided to get my moneys worth and try out one of these duo mineralize eyeshadows. I was assured they're just as good, if not better, than the original MAC eyeshadows so i went for the little more than neutral Mix & Switch. The consistency is a little more powdery than i expected, but that comes a little more from the lighter of the two shades - once you add in the bronzey tone and you can't even tell. It also helps if you blend well, but this isn't really something to put against the product. They're beautifully pigmented, nothing too heavy but enough so that they create a beautiful contrast on the eye. This definitely makes me want to try out some of the other MAC shades, but frankly they're a little pricey.

 NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Silk Road

These shadows are buttery smooth, maybe even more than the MAC ones. The duo is just gorgeous, very indulgent and luxurious - it'd be a great gift or something to treat yourself with. I love these colours, as they're so expensive i wanted something that i know i could use a lot, even every day, so i wanted something neutral-ish. I went for Silk Road because it's a little more than neutral but is still soft enough to wear day to night. The shadows go on a little lighter than they look in the pan but i actually really like that because i sometimes find pink/red tones hard to wear. They're a little more shimmery than super colourful, but i actually love that. I also found that these shades worked beautifully with my naked two palette to make things a little more girly than smokey.

 Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadow in Bad to the Bronze

I've never been one for cream shadows, and usually use the MUA eyeshadow primer as a base to my eye looks but of course this is another of those seriously hyped products. It's a beautiful, creamy consistency and is a beautiful colour, alone or as a base. It's the perfect colour for my favourite brown smokey eyes and actually isn't as scary as it looks in the jar - blend it out and it turns into the most beautiful shimmery shade. I'm still not always a cream shadow lover so use my primer more often but perfect for when you want something a little deeper.


K|xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig