3 July 2012

The Liebster Award


So, the lovely Becca from Rebecca Rose nominated me for the Liebster Award, i'm not entirely sure where this originates from or the reason for the name but it was a lovely gesture none the less!

So, i thought i'd have a little root around and see what i could find out about this here award and this is what i uncovered: "The origins of the Liebster Blog award are somewhat unclear but the general consensus is that it originated in Germany, Liebster meaning favorite or dearest."




The rules for the award:

1. Each recipient must post 11 random things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and tag them in your post.
4. Let them know.
5. Don't tag your tagger back, pass it on to someone new.

So, lets get started! Here are my 11 things:



1. I'm an unemployed student.
2. I'm desperate to own the American Apparel Disco Pants.
3. When shopping online, you'll usually find me in the Tall section - not that there's many of those around.
4. My current favourite nail polish colour is Essie's Splash of Grenadine.
5. I quite fancy a blogover - apply within.
6. I wear a size 7/8 shoe.
7. I used to be blonde, i'm currently a redhead but want to be a blonde bride.
8. I study Fashion Journalism with photography, styling, magazine layout and PR at university.
9. I'd love to embark on an American roadtrip.
10. I am a Youtube enthusiast and i suggest you go and watch Fleur, Mike, Tanya, Jim, Luke, Ingrid, Nikki, Alison and Joey now.
11. Essie Button makes me laugh harder than any comedienne.

Becca's Questions for me:


1. What is your favourite brand of make up?

That's a difficult one because my make up bag is full of different High Street brands. My mascara is rimmel, if i'm not splashing out on Benefit, my concealer is 17 and my favourite nail polish is Models Own or Essie.

2. Favourite take away?

Chinese, hands down, every time. But i love curry sauce. and chips.



3. Which skin product couldn't you live without?

The St. Ives Blemish Fighting Facial Scrub is my new holy grail.



4. What is your preferred brand of nail varnish?

Guess i already answered this, twice! But it's Essie or Models Own.



5. Do you have any phobias?

Heights and Frogs are the worst.



6. Where do you buy most of your clothes?

Topshop is my guilty pleasure, the prices are ridiculous but i just can't stop myself.



7. Which expensive product would you buy if you could afford to?

The American Apparel Disco Pants! But if we're talking make up - i'd probably build myself a MAC eyeshadow palette.



8. What is the last book or CD that you brought?

The last book i bought was a pre-order, due to arrive on the 7th July - ready for my holiday - called A Walk in the Park by Jill Mansell. As for music, i download everything now and the last music i downloaded was from Carrie Underwood's new album Blown Away.



9. What is your favourite thing to cook?

I love making Fajitas!



10.What made you choose your blog name?

I probably mentioned this is my first blog post and haven't mentioned it again; I had a lovely friend, who i'm sadly no longer in contact with, from home and he used to call me Legs because i have longer than average legs! So i took the inspiration from that and went for Legs Eleven, like the famous bingo call out!



11. Do you prefer the cinema or watching films at home?

I love and hate going to the cinema. For like six years i just didn't go! I think the prices are ridiculously over priced and if you want to see something new or popular it's always overcrowded and full of either screaming children, people talking, using their phone, crunching popcorn, getting up constantly or insist on kicking your seat/putting their feet on it. However, at the Odean i love popcorn and the Iceblast. That's it. So, i suppose i prefer a home movie and a snuggle.


Those were brilliant questions, so i may take some inspiration! Here are my questions:


1. What made you choose the blog name you decided on?
2. What's your all time favourite film?
3. What's that nail polish colour you always go back to?
4. What's your biggest regret?
5. Where do you see yourself in five years time?
6. What's a brand or product that you currently can't afford but aspire to own?
7. What's your favourite drink when you go to the pub?
8. Which other blog do you look forward to seeing on your Blogger feed?
9. Do you watch Youtube, and if so who's your favourite Vlogger?
10. Do you own and onesie, and if not why not!?
11. Iphone, Blackberry or otherwise?


So, there you have it! The mysterious Liebster Award. It is now tradition that i nominate a further 11 people so here are my chosen 11:


Alice of An Alien World
Ella of Belle Vintage
Michelle of Daisybutter
Louise of Sprinkle of Glitter
Steph of Stephie in Wonderland
Estee of Essie Button
Jennie of Sailboat
Corrie of DizzyBrunette3
Selina of Flying Saucer
Law of That's so Yesterday
Shirley of Meek n Mild


K|xo

2 comments:

  1. Aww thank you for picking me lovely! I love curry sauce and chips too - super yum! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I love St Ives scrub, nothing works better! And I'm always in the Tall sections too, I've fallen out with Dorothy Perkins cause they only do theirs online now and did not give me a good excuse why! I mostly buy from Topshop Tall, it can be overpriced but the quality is usually good :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Made By pipdig