28 June 2012

Home is where: #2 The Bunting Is



I am a bunting fiend. I think it's one of those decorative pieces that can easily make a room, or home, feel more homely and welcoming. It's a simple way to jazz up a space and often give a nod to the shabby chic style.


I picked the top bunting up from Amazon, and goes well with my blue theme with accents of pinks, oranges and greens. They're gorgeous, big flags and will be great to hang above a bed or any space that needs a little pattern.


The bottom bunting was handmade for me by a fab eBay seller. You had the option to choose which Cath Kidston fabrics you wanted used and how many of each you also wanted. I love this because it's super long and looks like real, traditional bunting. The flags are smaller but i think that's a little more classic, i think it'll be great for hanging in the traditional fashion in a scallop style and great for decorating a larger area. What i love most is that it's bespoke and was really well priced, i'm super happy with it.


K|xo

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog through twitter as apparently you are "similar to me" - I guess they're basing this on us both living in Southampton and having a blog!!
    I thought you might like to see my post about "no-sew bunting"....I'm also a bunting obsessive :)
    If you want to have a look, click on the tutorials tab at the top of my blog!
    Can I also ask - how do you become an Aussies angel? I love their stuff and it looks like fun!

    Becky
    http:www.doingitinstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Made By pipdig