22 June 2011

Colour Pop

You will all be excited to hear that the new Legs Eleven is beginning to take shape, as me and the Mr have been working on a beautiful new look for her today. I am very excited about the changes and think it's going to be a great leap forward for my baby!

Now, i thought that as i am also going through a change, of sorts, where in my style and thoughts are going through a little bit of a change! I
don't know whether i'm growing up or just getting a little bored of my shorts go to but i'm looking forward to pay day when i can try out some new styles! I've decided to put together some looks that i'm hoping to try out! I own/WILL own at least one of the items in each collection, so am hoping to put it/something similar together.

Palazzo Pants: Primark / Sheer Shirt: New Look / Denim Jacket: Topshop / Sandals: Topshop / Necklace: Topshop / Lipstick: Barry M

I have owned this pair of Primark Palazzo Pants for about 3 Months now and honestly.. They terrify me (usually), however i am feeling brave at the moment! I genuinely do love them and just find that i don't have many tops that really go with them, luckily until i purchase this gorgeous New Look colour block sheer shirt, i have settled for an equally beautiful peachy/pink pleated top, also from New Look. I think i feel straight in love with this shirt, love at first sight, as i was looking for some fab coloured pieces to brighten up my wardrobe and after reigniting my love for this shirt - it seemed too good to b true! It also comes in a gorgeous, vibrant orange but i figured i could fit this colour far better into my current wardrobe.


Dress: Dorothy Perkins / Necklace: Topshop / Sandals: Topshop / Lace Top: New Look

I have been umming and ahhing over purchasing this beauty for the past month but have finally realised what an asset this gorgeous dress will be to my wardrobe. I love the peter pan colour, i love the beautiful, summery colour and i also love that it's sheer! It looks as though it'll be very versatile, as i have a lace cropped top similar to the one above that i think would love really adorable over this piece. I love that it suits all sorts of colour tones, especially the golds and tans, including leopard print, but i also think it'd look fab with the turquoise colour that's huge this season.


Dress: New Look / Belt: ASOS / Necklace: Dorothy Perkins / Bag: ASOS / Wedges: Topshop

I bought this fab dress in the New Look sale for about £8 and i wasn't too sure about it in store, but my mum persuaded me. The cape is actually really cute and with a belt to cinch you in, it creates a gorgeous silhouette! Now, this is a totally dream put together as i could never afford to purchase all these goodies (the wedges alone are £70! (but now £40 in the sale!)) but i absolutely love the yellow/orange combination, which i recently discovered when pairing my Mustard H&M Cardi with my Orange Fringed Primark Bag. I am also loving chunky gold jewellery at the moment, and practically always wear gold over silver (however, i would always wear silver rings...) and am definitely coveting colour blocking accessories - like this gorgeous belt!

Shorts: New Look / Top: Dorothy Perkins / Necklace: Topshop / Shoes: Topshop

I find this pairing the perfect balance between femininity and the androgynous style, the shirt has a male air but is the perfect fit for a woman, and costume jewellery keeps any look feminine! This pair of shorts is probably my favourite item in my wardrobe at the moment, as they literally go with everything - and i DEFINITELY plan to purchase this gorgeous shirt! A brilliant way for working the colour block style is by keeping the basics simple and adding bright, colourful accessories.

I really enjoyed putting this post together, are you interested in seeing this sort of thing again? It's nice to see what sort of pieces people put together, like Michelle's fab Ways to Wear posts which is brilliant if you haven't already checked it out, see her latest post here!

Now, as i let you know in a previous post Legs Eleven is in for some changes, and i thought a good start was to get a good Post Series going for a month, or so. "England When It Sizzles" starts this week, so keep your eyes peeled for some guest posts from some of my personal favourite bloggers about fab places in the UK, to visit this Summer! This week starts with Hannah shedding some light on the Capital: London. It's a brilliant read, so don't forget to check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Made By pipdig