21 May 2011

From Barry M to Models Own

Summer is finally here and college is finally over! After this week of living covered in paint, dirt and god knows what, i was nice to be able to dress myself again! I can't believe the year is over, it doesn't seem real yet, but i'm excited to take the next step and begin the next chapter - actually, i'm accepting it with open arms!


H&M Orange Splat Skirt / New Look Peach Tank Top / H&M White Strap Top / New Look Red Plait Belt / Claire's Acorn Necklace / Tesco 40 Den Tights

I loved this skirt as soon as i saw it hanging on the rail in our local H&M, the print is fab and the colour has summer written all over it! These skirts are the perfect type for either doing nothing or doing lots! After getting it home and trying it on again, i was unsure of the length and then i did what always happens when i become unsure of something - i stuck it in my wardrobe and forgot about it, but wrestled it out today (for a day of doing nothing, lounging 'round the house but poping to town to run some errands) and decided it was time to revive it! It was fabulously simple - unpick the labels and roll down the waistband, adding a belt for feature and voila!

As i told you a couple of posts ago, i got some lovely packages from Linzi Shoes & Models Own and as i now have the time to blog, i'd like to share their contents with you!

First Up Linzi Shoes; I had never heard of this site until i read about it on Becca's blog (Fashion Train) and was a little unsure as i'm very quite sure if buying shoes online is a good idea - my size tends to fluctuate between shops and i'm never sure of the quality, but i have to say that i could not be happier with these little beauties. I have been searching for the perfect wedges for months and after finding a few pairs on the high street, but after trying them on not being satisfied i gave up my search! Until i came across these:


I went for the size 8 and they fit me like a glove! I have pretty skinny feet, so often find that strappy footwear is too wide for my feet but these are literally perfect. They are heavenly to wear as they're super comfortable and the material used isn't too hard on my feet, and they're easy to wear - from jeans to little dresses! They may look high, but the fab platform brings your foot up enough to make walking a doddle (however, they do make an already tall me very tall! But i love them too much for that to worry me!)

I also received these beautiful gladiator sandals:


These also come in 'Mushroom' Beige & Brown, but the black is easy to wear with everything and these will carry me through the summer months! These are also intensely comfortable and again fit me like a glove - the straps fitting my skinny minnie feet perfectly! I love the little stud details and i think that these will take me from day to night, this summer.

Linzi Shoes is very well priced and even better when p&p is £1 per item (no more than £5). The fit is brilliant and the quality is also top notch! I definitely recommend the site, they have a great range of footwear from sky scraper heels to ballet pumps - something for everyone, so get on down there!

Now for Models Own! A few posts ago i was asking for opinions and experience on Models Own Polish, and after all you happy customers i decided to go on out and purchase the 'Jade Stone', 'Champagne' and 'Purple Ash' but i posted about my misfortune with the 'Purple Ash' bottle, however i was very happy with the results from 'Jade Stone', so was even happier with my package from MO! I received 'Fuzzy Peach' & 'Vintage Pink' and love them both! I'm really in to matte finish polish at the moment, as does the world and their mother actually, but the colours of Models Own are really intense, even after 1 coat, and as we all know i love a fast dry polish - these are no exception!

'Fuzzy Peach', £5

'Vintage Pink', £5


'Champagne', 'Jade Stone', 'Vintage Pink', 'Fuzzy Peach', £5 Each

I'm falling in love with this brand, i highly recommend it! The colours are fab and at £5 a pop, may seem a little steep, but i can vouch that it's totally worth it - for the colour, quality and the drying time alone!

Come payday i'd really like to try out some E.L.F products, at mostly £1.50 each it seems more than reasonable and if they're any good, could become my regular staple! I may, or may not, have mentioned that i was after some some nice lippy that i could wear during the day and i discovered 2 that fitted the bill nicely:

Collection 2000 Lasting Colour 'Sugar Plum' / Barry M 152

Both these colours are gorgeous: The Collection 2000 has a subtle shimmer to it and is fairly moisturising, whereas i love the colour of the Barry M but it's a lot dryer so would layer a clear/sparkly gloss over the top.

It's been lovely to actually blog again! I'm very excited to actually have the time to do more interesting posts, so thank you lovely readers for sticking with me! I hope to be filling you in with lots of exciting events this summer as it has officially started! I'm so glad to have finished college, now all that's left is to collect my results on the 6th June! Hellooooooo Summer xo

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I'm a bit of a models own convert too - only tried one, but since then my Barry M's just don't seem the same!
    I'm so tempted to buy some Elf brushes...can't believe how cheap they are, although the postage is annoying for such reasonable products x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of those wedges (thank you for introducing me to that website!!), also love that skirt!

    x

    Ps. Only started reading your blog and absolutely love it :)

    http://talesofalittlehazzelnut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Made By pipdig